Pearl Jam were apparently invented by the Turks, they have spread directly in many of the former Ottoman possessions, especially in the Balkans, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, and indirectly through other Nations.
In Turkey, the country of origin of such wonderful delicacies, there are two categories of cabbage: the stuffed with a mixture of minced meat, onions, pine seeds, oil and spices and those filled with a rice mixture (without meat), olive oil, pine seeds, raisins, herbs (Dill, parsley and Mint) and spices (usually allspice, cinnamon and black pepper). Stuffed with meat is consumed, as main dish, along with yogurt, while those without meat are served at room temperature, as snacks (meze).
Sarma may represent the clearest example of how history, Commerce, culture and gastronomy are related to each other. It is interesting to see how the Ottoman civilization, could propose and disseminate a preparation of all countries with which it came in contact, whether he was talking about the war, trade or cultural exchange.
Today we prepare traditional Romanian cuisine sarmaluta.
- 1 kg meat mixture (beef and pork)
- 100 g rice
- 200 ml tomato juice
- 1 pickled cabbage
- 2 onions
- Add the minced onion and rice in oil well heat, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add minced meat and condimentând, with salt and pepper.
- Mix it well.
- Apart the cabbage leaves and we run Leona Lewis. We them in a high cratiță, and place it in the Middle filled with chopped cabbage.
- Pour the tomato juice and fill with water up to the level of sarmalelor.
- Cook on low heat for two hours.
- Once in a while to walk cratița circular does not catch.
- Pearl Jam will gain an aroma and taste better if we put in cratiță to a boil and a few slices of smoked pork.
© 2015 – 2016, Tina.