Burnt sugar creme (known in English and French as Crème brûlée) is a dessert made from eggs, sugar and milk. Burnt sugar cream dessert came very popular due to its particular taste. Can be topped with whipped cream, or vanilla, combined with the traditional way.
- 2 cups condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 limes, zested
- 1 vanilla bean
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- From the beginning you have to choose the form in which we prepare the cream. We can use a single shape or multiple shapes to small heat-resistant. I opted for the smaller shapes.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- To make the caramel, heat together the water and sugar gently, over medium flame/heat, until it is golden brown, about 10 minutes, ensuring the mixture does not burn.
- Once the caramel is ready, pour into a each shape and swirl it around to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. to walls wallpapered straight with caramel.
- Then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, pour the condensed milk and whole milk into a pan. Add the lime zest. Slice the vanilla pod in half and carefully scrape out the vanilla seeds and add these to the milk mixture. Simmer the milk slowly for 15 minutes to let the flavors combine.
- Once the caramel is ready, pour into a cake pan and swirl it around to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat together. Slowly pour a little of the warm milk, vanilla, and lime mixture into the eggs. This will temper the eggs and prevent them from scrambling. Once the warm milk has raised the temperature of the eggs (tempered), pour in the rest of the milk. Pour all of the mixture in the cake pan over the caramel. Cook the cake in a water bath by placing the pan inside a larger pan that is filled half-way with water. Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once ready, allow to cool and place inside a refrigerator overnight. The flan is then ready to be flipped over gently and served.
Flavor and good taste-Cream flan
© 2015 – 2016, Florentina Mirela.