Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this egg dish is a cross between a soufflé and an omelette, and is sure to please a crowd.
- 3 cups Broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 Sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp Salted Butter, melted
- 8 Eggs, separated
- ½ tsp Salt
- 250 mL Cream 35%
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine broccoli, red pepper and butter in a 13" x 9" (3 L) glass baking dish; toss to coat and spread in an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes or until broccoli is slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, using electric mixer, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form; set aside. In separate bowl, beat egg yolks, cream, basil and pepper until blended. Fold in cheese and one-quarter of egg whites. Gently fold in remaining egg whites. Pour evenly over vegetables.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and the centre is set.
- If desired, add 2 cup (125 mL) crumbled cooked bacon, chopped smoked ham or prosciutto, or 4 cup (50 mL) chopped smoked salmon with cheese.
Flavor and good taste – Puffy Broccoli and Red Pepper Frittata
© 2016, Tina.