This recipe is a fusion of Italian and Mexican cooking, making a great dish to serve a hungry crowd.
- 450 g Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Chicken Breast, cooked and finely chopped
- 1 cup Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 375 ml Salsa, divided
- 750 ml Tomato Sauceor crushed tomatoes
- 24 Cannelloni shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Stir ricotta cheese with chicken, black beans, green onions, 1 cup (250 mL) salsa cheese and ¼ cup (50 mL) salsa, set aside.
- Stir tomato sauce with remaining salsa. Spoon 1 cup (250 mL) sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch (3.5 L) casserole dish. Divide cheese mixture between cannelloni shells. Arrange in three rows of eight, on top of sauce, in dish. Spoon over remaining sauce, ensuring all noodles are covered.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender and cheese is melted. Garnish with additional green onions.
- For easy stuffing, transfer the cheese mixture to a large, ziptop bag. Cut one corner of the bag, large enough to push the filing through, but no bigger than the diameter of the cannelloni. Squeeze the bag at each end of the shells to fill.
- Omit the chicken and double black beans for a meatless dish.
Flavor and good taste-Black Bean Cannelloni
© 2016, Tina.