What is Terina?
The main composition of terinei is filling. Unlike Pate, terinele are cooked and well trained without packaging. The methods of preparation are also differentiated: instead of being baked in the oven, terinele are cooked in Bain-Marie in the oven or steamer without water, or in a vacuum.
Foods suitable for making terine are more numerous and more varied than those used for pies. It diferențiaza:
terina-meat (venison, fowl, fish, chicken)
Today we prepared a terină from ficaței of poultry
- • 350 g butter
- • an onion
- • two garlic cloves
- • 500 g chicken liver
- • one-quarter teaspoon dried thyme
- • 100 ml cream
- • 50 ml brandy
- • 200 g mushrooms
- • an orange
- • salt, pepper
- • 5 g gelatine
- Mushrooms, drain them spalăm them and them cut thin strips. Melt a little butter in a saucepan, add the mushrooms and fry them until the juice decreases.
- Le scotem from crăticoară, they we in a colander to cool and lasăm them.
- Curățăm and wash the onion and garlic finely and toacăm them.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan, add the onion and garlic and călim them until they soften. Add the chicken, and ficăţeii distuim 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the cognac, orange juice, cream, thyme, salt, pepper, mix well and leave on the fire for a boil.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, and leave to cool for a few minutes, and then mixăm it all in the blender until a smooth paste.
- After I mixed the liquid composition and mix mushrooms well with a spoon.
- Prepare gelatin according to instructions from a sachet and add the prepared mix well to incorporate, gelatin.
- Put the composition in a griddle cake tin that is lined with foil and leave it in the fridge a few hours before a serve, preferred to serve the next day.