Fois Gras can be yellow, beige, light grey or pink, depending on the colour of the bird’s diet, but it is less important, what really matters, that being its texture should be homogeneous, smooth as porcelain.
Fois gras entier is the purest form of fois gras, consists of a full liver that has been peeled, seasoned and cooking in its own fat, without the use of additives, and it has a firm texture and dense.
Besides the fois gras entier there are other types such as block of foie gras, a mixture of foie gras (at least 90%), seasonings and water, delicious pate fois gras, fois gras, foie gras galantine of Shiva, or mousse; fois
The secret of serving foie gras is cooling, then crossing the knife through warm water before serving on felierii and very thin slices of baguette or French bread the traditional (du paix).
Best friend for foie gras is French Sauternes wine, but can be served and with Riesling, Gewurtztraminer, Bordeaux, Port, Pineau des Charentes, Jurancon or even join the champagne.
Consumption of foie gras, which contains a large amount of unsaturated fatty acids, help reduce cholesterol, and studies show that residents of the South-Western region of France, which consume foie gras intrest rate in significant amounts, have a very low rate of cardiovascular disease and the greatest life expectancy across the country.
- 1000 g Goose liver
- 20 ml cognac
- 10 g salt
- 4 g pepper
- 1000 ml milk
- 3 g sugar
- Let goose livers in milk cold for 12 hours, after you open the curața vein.
- After curațare we marinate with salt, pepper, sugar and cognac for about 12 hours.
- Prepare a form ceramics we marinated liver and ajezam in another tray tray that we put water in preparation to get ready because inl bain marie.
- Preincalzim the oven to a temperature of 120 ° c.
- Enter tavile into the oven and leave the tray with the liver in Bain-Marie for aproximativ60 minutes at a temperature of 120 ° c.
- During ripening will we notice how fat yellow comes to the surface to form a golden crust at the end.
- Once the liver is cooked thoroughly and you keep pressuring him.
- It is served after about 2 days in fine cuts along with slices of bread toastată and lettuce.
Flavor and good taste-Terina from Goose liver — Foie Gras
© 2015 – 2016, Tina.