The best known and most common is vanilla cream or with her name known crème patissière. Vanilla cream use it successfully to fill Éclairs, Cremsit, we are using various toturi and we can make and the Apple pies or the famous croissants.
Recipe Vanilla cream that I will cook today is inspired by the “culinary Bible” Le Larousse Gastronomique.
- 6 egg yolks
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g of flour
- 80 g sugar
- 1 pod of vanilla (or vanilla sugar)
- Pull apart the vanilla seeds.
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom, pour 500 ml of milk, put the vanilla seeds.
- Place the saucepan on the hob and bring the milk to boiling point and then stop the fire. Cover the saucepan with a lid and leave for half an hour to take milk Vanilla flavor.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mixing the 6 egg yolks 80 g sugar until mixture becomes creamy.
- Add egg mixture over 50 grams of flour, stirring with a whisk until we obtain a homogeneous paste with no lumps.
- Hot milk with vanilla flavor, pour ⅔ of mixture over the eggs, stirring constantly with whisk.
- After we obtained a fine cream, pour over remaining milk in saucepan.
- Place the saucepan on the hob over medium heat and mix continuously till it starts to boil.
- Mix continue 2-3 minutes until cream thickens.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, remove the seeds of vanilla , cover with a foil food and leave the cream to cool to room temperature.
Flavor and good taste-vanilla cream
© 2016, Tina.